Park Hall has been in a state of off-line since the March 2020 shelter in place orders. It has been a difficult year for many, and for Park Hall, a building that has served the public of Ben Lomond and the San Lorenzo Valley for 97 years, the hall has been mostly quiet.
Currently we have no paid staff nor janitorial service. We have three regular tenets which provide some income: Where the Fir Flies (dog grooming), Mill Street Hairquarters (hair salon), and Mountain Community Theater’s office.
Traditionally the majority of our income is the rental of the large room/performance space, but since March 2020 there has been no use of this space.
What we keep spending on: Gas/Electric/Water Utilities and Insurance. And the biggest regular expenses during the winter is keeping the building warm enough not to damage equipment and the water which services hair salon and dog groomers.
Last night (2021-01-12) we held our monthly Trustee meeting to go over any outstanding issues and review our current financials. We have an open governance policy so our Meeting Minutes and Budget are public, feel free to have a gander 2021 January Agenda & Notes.
We look forward to hosting events and the wonderful theater work coming back to Park Hall this year.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out.
Lyle Troxell, Park Hall Trustee
My email is the preferred way to reach me, but you can text or call my mobile 831-419-9659
Park Hall Community Center Part-Time/ Occasional Janitor Position
7/2020 Update – this position has been filled.
Responsible for cleaning and sanitization of all areas of the building on an as-needed basis. Tasks include trash removal, dusting, cleaning and restocking supplies in restrooms, dry and wet mopping wood floors, sanitizing, vacuuming, pest management, and other related duties as required and assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position is a great communicator who is detail- oriented and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and special projects as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to learn and follow CDC Covid 19 cleaning & disinfecting guidelines.
- Ability to work effectively with little or no supervision.
- Ability to follow established procedures for cleaning processes.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing 50 lbs or more.
- Ability to bend and twist, stand, kneel, sit, climb, walk, stoop, speak and hear regularly
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English.
- Ability to read and follow label instructions on chemicals/cleaning materials, follow proper operating instructions for powered equipment, and wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Strictly adheres to job related OSHA regulations and safety standards.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- At least 6 months of janitorial experience (open to training the right person with less experience)
- Knowledge of hardwood floor care
- Experience using Cintas cleaning products
- Ability to operate power washer and weed whacker
SHIFTS AVAILABLE TO WORK
Hours will vary and will be scheduled around use of the hall and your availability. There will be regular part time work (4-8 hours per week) 6/20-7/31/20, and after that we will likely need 1-2 hours per week with additional hours offered on an as needed/ as available basis. Hours may increase when gatherings at the hall are permitted.
PAY is $15/hr. If hired you will become an Employee of Park Hall Trust and taxes will be taken out of your pay. If you have janitorial skills and are ready to work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-246-6374 to apply ASAP.